Gluten free zucchini, herb & pepita smokey herb muffins with cream cheese frosting & Nutworks smokey sprinkles

It has been a long running inside joke in my family that I should open a muffin shop. I seem to be always making muffins and crafting new ones. There is something so wonderfully comforting and exciting about a muffin all at the same time, and the flavour possibilities are pretty much only as endless as your imagination!

What is not to love??

When Nutworks told me about their exciting new Gourmet Sprinkles range I was excited to try it, even more so when I started tasting the flavour combinations they had come up with. I have long been a fan of their products and natural ingredients.
In fact when you read the back of these sprinkles, their is not an additive or preservative in sight.

Nothing quite dresses a muffin up more than a whipped topping and a pop of crunch and flavour on top. Well these handy packets take all the guess work and prep work out as they are ready to snip and go.

As a busy mum, I really like that!!

When I tasted their Texas smoked my mind flew to paprika and smokey flavours and cream cheese so I crafted these muffins around my daydreaming taste buds. I hope you like them as much as I enjoyed making them!

Bek xoxo



Zucchin, herb and pepita muffins with whipped lemon cream cheese frosting and Nutworks Smokey Sprinkles

Ingredients
2 free range eggs
1 large or 2 small zucchini
1 cup grated cheese
1/4 cup baby spinach leaves
2 cups self raising gluten free flour (could also use buckwheat with baking powder added)
1/8 cup olive oil
1/4 cup sundried tomatoes slivers
1/4 cup smoked ham/bacon/vegetarian ham or leave out. Cooked and sliced thinly.
1/4 cup pepita seeds
1 cup water (or as needed)
 1 packet cream cheese
1/4 cup chives chopped
1/4 cup parsley chopped
1/2 large lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon smokey paprika
Nutworks Texas Smoked Sprinkles. (Find me at woolworths.)

Method
Pre heat oven to 180'c.
Line a muffin tray with cases or grease.
Whisk eggs and oil together in a large bowl.
Sprinkle in some salt and add into this mixture the cheese, ham, zucchini, pepita, paprika, sun-dried tomato  and spinach and some of the water.
Gently fold the flour through the wet mixture, add a little extra water from the cup of water as needed. Mixture should be reasonably runny, easy to stir texture.
Fill cases approx 3/4 full.
Bake for around 20 minutes or until golden on top.
Remove from heat and allow to cool on a wire rack.
Whip the cream cheese with an electric beater/mixer with the lemon juice and nice and smooth and a little fluffy. Adjust amount of lemon to taste. You can use just a hint and replace with water.
Use a spatula to top each muffin with the cream cheese and top with the Nutworks smokey sprinkles.
Enjoy!!




Note:
These are fantastic to take to a BBQ, picnic, dinner party



13 comments:

  1. OMG! Yummo ... and love the sprinkles idea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They are so good! There is several flavours too, including sweet blends.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Clever Cook!
      The sprinkles really bring it to life I think :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Bec!! There are so many yummy flavours going on here... and cream cheese - well that just wins hands down every single time!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Lucy :)
    It does taste pretty good altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just me again! Just wanted to say thanks for linking this recipe up with our Fabulous Foodie Fridays party - have a great weekend!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. They sound really tasty, and I like how they look like a cake with the cream cheese topping. Great for a picnic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have just got on the muffin bandwagon as I am now doing cookups for lunchboxes. So good and these look well worth trying for something different for my 1 year old and hubby to try

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum! Look awesome! Going to try some mini ones for lunches.

    ReplyDelete

I love that you found yourself on my blog!
Thank you reading.
Have a gorgeous day!

Rebecca X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...