Chocolate Maca Balls
Delicious, easy to make and healthy. Have one or two a day to help satisfy the chocolate/sweet cravings and give yourself a boost of goodness too. These are also really good "mojo" boosters - if you know what I mean!!!
· 1 tablespoon Maca Powder
· 1 tablespoon Organic Natural Cocoa powder (I like Planet Organic) or cacao
· 1 cup almond meal
· ¼ cup smooth pure peanut, macadamia or cashew butter (or sunflower paste for nut free)
· ½ cup desiccated coconut
· ¼ cup dark Agave
· 10 drops sweet leaf vanilla stevia (or vanilla paste)
· ¼ cup stevia (or honey/maple syrup/agave/rice malt syrup)
· 8 prunes, chopped
· 8 dried apricots, chopped
· 1 banana, mashed
· ¼ cup extra desiccated coconut
· ¼ cup sesame seeds
· In a large bowl combine agave and vanilla stevia drops.
· Mix in the banana and peanut butter. Combine well.
· Add in the apricots, prunes, desiccated coconut, maca powder, cocoa, stevia and almond meal.
· Mix together well.
· Pour the extra desiccated coconut onto a plate and the sesame seeds onto a second plate.
· Roll mixture into balls and then roll each ball into either the coconut or sesame seeds.
· Place all balls in an air tight container and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
· Keep in an airtight container in the fridge.
· For extra flavour, sweetness and a real chocolate hit add an extra 10 drops of chocolate liquid stevia as well as the vanilla.
· Dried fruit can be varied according to personal preferences.
· Add crushed nuts and swap smooth for crunchy Pressed Purity Peanut Butter for a different texture.
· A beautiful satisfying sweet treat that you can enjoy for afternoon tea without the guilt!
- This is a wonderful little treat for kids that they truly will love and you know exactly what is in it.
Recipe & Food Image Photography ©RebeccaMugridge 2013